Tuesday, January 11, 2011

UP AND RUNNING

I now have permission from the Va. Baptist Mission Bd. to "officially" kick off this Blog for Ministers' Wives in Virginia! It's taken a long time but there were alot of legal issues to be worked through for the V.B.M.B. I hope you all are having a great start to the New Year!
One of my favorite little devotional books is Joy for a Woman's Soul-Promises to Refresh Your Spirit. I'd like to share a portion of one of those devotions with you, written by Peggy Benson.
"One of my favorite early spring flowers is the Johnny-Jump-Up. It is a first cousin to the pansy. They have sweet smiling faces, each with its own personality. Each morning, the sweet smiling faces of the small flowers look up at me as they settle their roots into the earth.
I smile back as I see in them the faces of my "jump-up" friends-people who have come into my life over the years at just the exact time I needed to see a friendly, smiling face. They are people who believe in me and let me know it in many ways. They are quick to send a note of encouragement, make a phone call, or surprise me with a birthday gift. What a tremendous rescue team!" It is my hope that you will meet some "johnny-jump-up" friends through this Blog. Let's all be encouragers to someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment