Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Shout for joy, O heavens, rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49: 13-16

During one of the most difficult and uncertain times in our ministry, a dear pastor friend shared this passage with us. He especially emphasized verse 16, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." The reality that Almighty God loved me so much that He had MY NAME engraved on the palms of his hands and would not forget about helping me made a huge impact on me. Whenever I would start to doubt or fear the future, I would remember those very special words. God brought us through that experience and did some amazing things for us.
If you are going through a hard time right now and need a reminder of how much God loves you and your husband, highlight these verses and meditate on verse 16. It will strengthen your faith and renew your spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment