Sunday, January 16, 2011

GETTING RID OF CLUTTER

I read in Better Home and Gardens the other night about how to de-clutter your home and office. I have to confess, I am really bad at this! My husband calls me a pack-rat. I do have trouble throwing away or giving away stuff. It just seems that every time I get rid of something, the very next week, I'll need it! However, I do occasionally make myself go through and give away clothes, shoes, etc. I even go through my paper/magazine stacks and get rid of outdated issues and coupons and throw away information I no longer need. I'm much better at keeping my office desk clear and clean than I am with other areas of my home. Too much clutter gets overwhelming and makes me feel like it is taking over my space. Do you ever feel that way?

Our lives can get too cluttered,too. As Ministers' Wives, we can add too much clutter to our lives even if it is with good things. I find it hard to say no when asked to take on a task at church. I feel guilty. However, over the years, I have learned not to overload myself. We can serve God and our church much better if we do a few, or only one thing really well and it is something we are gifted to do. Don't take on a job just because you think nobody else will do it. I've found when I've said no, someone else has always been found to fill that position. You might even be robbing another person of a blessing by doing a job that God really intended for them. So, let's start off this new year trying to de-clutter our houses and also our lives!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete