Friday, January 21, 2011

THANKFULNESS

Go to GodVine.com and look at the video "7 Year Old Singer and 5 Year Old Pianist Perform You Raise Me Up. " Just click on the picture of the girls to hear the video. I tried to post it on here but was unable to get it to work. The little 5 year old girl playing the piano is blind; it will touch your heart.

After I saw this, two things came to my mind. 1) We need to thank God if we are able to see and for all the other things we take so much for granted. Three years ago this month, I fell down seven, hardwood stairs in my house and broke my left hip and a finger on my right hand. (I could have been hurt so much worse or I could have been home alone when it happened-but thank God I wasn't.) I never thought much about being able to just get out of bed and walk to the bathroom or anywhere until this happened. There were so many things I couldn't do that I took for granted before I fell. I thank the Lord so much that I can now walk and write and do almost everything I could do before I fell. 2) The courage this little 5 year old showed in learning how to play the piano and get up and perform for others and not just give up because she was blind really inspired me. It should give us each the push we need to try something we've been wanting to do but didn't feel like we were good enough or able to do. God can use all of us in some way, regardless of our physical limitations. I don't have a soloist's voice but I am able to sing. There have been times when I had laryngitis and could not talk, much less sing. I was so thankful when I was finally able to talk and sing once again. Being able to sing praises to God is a blessing to be cherished. So, let's all thank God for being able to see and walk and sing praises to Him today! "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness, come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

-Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment