Wednesday, February 2, 2011

RESCUED

We've been in Richmond since Sun. afternoon for meetings and got home about 5:00 tonight. We had just finished unloading the car when the phone rang. It was an old friend of mine who lives in another state now. Her husband left her a few years ago and she desperately needs a full-time job and to be able to move out of the house of her mother who is mentally disturbed. She has a teenage daughter to care for also. She was in the very depths of despair when I talked with her. Please pray for her! She's even given up on prayer. She says she's prayed for 4 years and things just keep getting worse. Later tonight, I heard Beth Moore on television sharing this passage of scripture: "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters . He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalm 18:16-19
Beth asked her audience what foes were too strong for them to handle. Do you have foes that are overpowering you? "Foes" can be actual, human enemies but they can also be other things such as fear, depression, stress, a feeling of inadequacy, loneliness, a quick temper, a sharp tongue, etc. Ask God to deliver you from any foes that are too strong for you. He will rescue you, just as He will rescue my friend, in His time. If you are feeling like my friend, I pray for you to get comfort and encouragement from someone and from these verses. I pray God will strengthen and uphold you and that you will not lose faith while you wait for him to Rescue You!
Remember-God loves you and will never leave you or forsake you. He is your lifeboat!

No comments:

Post a Comment