Monday, February 7, 2011

LOVE,LISTEN & HELP

Sorry I haven't written anything in the past few days. I had houseguests over the week-end. We went to a fun place called Bubble cakes. All they have are lots of unique cupcakes and something to drink. I had a Creme Brulee cupcake that was delicious! If you have one of these in your town, I would highly recommend it!
My husband spoke at another church on Sunday but my houseguests went with me so I didn't have to deal with not having anyone sit with me. I did know a lady there but she was in the choir. It was so exciting to see this church packed! I only found a place to park because I parked in a visitor's only parking space. We had to sit in the balcony to find a seat! The Lord is really working in this church and I am so thankful they are growing so much. I read this from a friend on Facebook the other day and thought I'd share it with you. "A person's most useful asset is not the head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen, and a hand willing to help." -status shuffle. I thought this was so true! I am definitely not saying we shouldn't keep learning but I don't think we make a difference in our world just by how much knowledge we have. It is the people who live life sharing love with others that really make a difference. It's that person who cares enough to take the time to listen when we need to unload a burden or get advice that we will remember. Those who use their hands to help others in need will impact the life of each one they help and isn't that what God wants from all of us. So let's use our hearts, ears, and hands this week to make a difference in someone's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment