Monday, February 28, 2011

HEART REACH

Good Monday Morning, Ladies! So far, it's a beautiful day. The sun is shining and it's warm outside. The weatherman does predict storms with strong winds later today-I hope he's wrong! I hope you all had a good Sunday. I had a great one. Saturday night, my Va. Tech Hokies beat #1 Duke in basketball which made me really happy when I went to bed late Sat. night! Every February, our church does what they call "Heart Reach". Each Sunday School class is given the name or names of a widow or widower in our church and the classes do something special for the people whose names they are given. Our class had a potluck lunch after church yesterday for our two ladies. We gave them each a pretty, potted flower and I made little favors for them using cardstock, punches, and rubber stamps. Inside were Lindor chocolate ball truffles. The ladies seemed to really enjoy everything and it was such a blessing to be able to do something for them. James 1:27 states: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." If your church doesn't have a ministry to widows and widowers, it would be a good time to start one. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment