Thursday, March 31, 2011

WHY DO CHRISTIANS SUFFER?

Sorry,it's been so long since I posted anything. We've been on the road alot lately. It seems more than a coincedence that I've had several different people asking me about suffering just in the past couple of weeks. One felt that God was making them suffer and was very angry. Another was wondering if God uses suffering to bring someone to Christ. Others just pondered the question of why God allows Christians to suffer and several of these had been doing some pretty strong suffering. I regret to say, I do not have the answer. I think this is one of those mysteries of God that we as humans may not be able to totally comprehend. However, I have been doing some reading and seeking some answers. One article I read was by Bill Bright, the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. Here is a brief synopsis of his article.
1) SUFFERING PRODUCES TRAINING IN OBEDIENCE.
2) SUFFERING PRODUCES REFINEMENT OF YOUR CHARACTER.
3) SUFFERING PRODUCES INTIMACY WITH YOUR COMPASSIONATE GOD & SAVIOR.
4) SUFFERING PRODUCES UNDERSTANDING OF THE HURTS OF OTHERS.
5) SUFFERING PRODUCES MATURITY FOR MINISTERING TO OTHERS.
6) SUFFERING PRODUCES PERSEVERANCE IN DIFFICULT TIMES.
7) GOD TURNS HARDSHIPS INTO BLESSINGS.
8) GOD GIVES PEACE IN THE MIDST OF ADVERSITY.
9) SUFFERING RESULTS IN FUTURE GLORY.
10 YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR.
11)GOD WILL HELP YOU TO TRIUMPH.
12)JESUS UNDERSTANDS YOUR SUFFERING.
13)GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU.
You can read the entire article at www.greatcom.org/resources/why_do_christians_suffer. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject. I pray that if you are going through a time of difficulty and suffering that you will receive comfort and encouragement from this article. As I study more on this subject, I will share what I learn with you. Peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment