Monday, March 14, 2011

PRIORITIES


March Madness is upon us! If you're a big basketball fan like I am, then you're happy. If you're not a fan, you're probably alrady sick of all the games being on T.V. If you fall in this latter category, just hang in there and it will all be over before you know it! Growing up right outside of Lexington, Kentucky, University of Kentucky basketball was a way of life. It's called the Big Blue Nation and I remember my family sitting around the stereo listening to the games on the radio as far back as I can remember. (Sadly, I am that old!) In KY you have to either inherit tickets to go see a game or have celebrity status, like Ashley Judd, to get to actually get into Rupp Arena and see a game. I was fortunate enough to have had a few relatives who had tickets so I got to actually feel the excitement of watching a game inside that huge arena with thousands of other CAT fans, surrounded by a sea of folks all clad in Kentucky Blue, all standing and cheering on their beloved WILDCATS. It's one of those experiences words cannnot adequately describe. Today, my CATS won the SEC tournament, which really made my day! As much as I love cheering my team on in ballgames, it is not the center of my world. My life is not ruined if my team loses. I do not send hate letters to coaches or players when my team plays poorly. I don't call in radio shows and complain about what went wrong and demand the coaches all be fired. Sadly, there are people out there that this IS the center of their world. They have their priorities out of whack. In the big scheme of things, who cares or remembers the score of a game a year from now? What difference will it make in the life of someone who is hurting? Will if help feed a hungry baby? Can it provide homes for single mothers down on their luck? Will it help thousands of Japanese rebuild their lives after the destruction there this week? And most importantly-will it provide them a Savior who loves them enough to die for their sins? Do they know a Lord who will never abandon them? Let's enjoy March Madness but keep our priorities in line.
Let's KEEP THE MAIN THING-THE MAIN THING! Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment